Sefa Abena Amesu known in Showbiz circles as S3fa is currently one of Ghana’s most revered female songstresses.
She’s an Afrobeats ,soul, highlife and rnb performing artist as well as a song writer.
Soon after the singer signed on to the Black Avenue Muzik label in 2018, she broke onto the scene with 4 single releases ‘Marry Me’, Odo Yewu & Pepper ft. Bisa Kdei before her number 1 hit record ‘Shuga’ featuring Dope Nation in July 2019.
Scoring nominations in 2019 at the 3 Music Awards, 4syte Music Awards, then bagging the C Base Music Awards and 3rdTv Music Awards in 2019 soon after, S3fa’s popularity begun to rise.
The 23 year old, S3fa’s love for music fueled her rise to stardom. The half voltarian ,half northerner young star had always been passionate about music since she was a child. She sang in church choirs pressured by her mother even when she didn’t know she had a voice. She studied at the Accra High School and grew up with both parents and her siblings in Accra, Ghana.
After years of singing at church, at bars and live venues she caught the eye of Black Avenue Muzik Ceo , D-Black on Instagram after watching a live video of her singing at the Piano Bar.
Now backed by a powerful label and supportive family, S3fa begun churning out radio friendly records and has toured and performed at numerous concerts and events in Ghana and in Europe since her musical journey begun.
She’s performed at The Ghana Meets Naija Concert, The Fill The Dome Bhim Concert, The 3 Music Awards, The Glitz Fashion Awards, Sarkodie’s Tema Music Festival, Shatta Wale’s Reign Concert and many more.
S3fa recently successfully pulled off the maiden edition of her annual ‘Love Notes’ Concert on the 15th of February at the Oasis Lounge after successfully releasing her new infectious single ‘Magyi’ featuring award winning rapper ‘Medikal’.
After a total of 10 award nominations in her first year, including Woman of the Year and Best New Artist of the Year 2020 at the 3 Music Awards 2020, S3fa is currently on her Ghanaian media tour, and scheduled to kick off her first USA & European Media Tour in the latter part of 2020 before the release of her yet to be titled first ever E.P.
She currently has a new single ‘Memories’ produced by award winning producer DJ Breezy out now on all platforms.
Follow S3FA on all social media platforms at @SEFA_GH.
We caught up with Sefa this week and shot these 10 questions at her.
1. Who is your favourite artist of all time ? Ghanaian and foreign – Picking will be difficult cos I love a lot of artists but I can listen to Daddy Lumba and Kojo Antwi any day , anytime.
2. What Ghanaian food don’t u like at all ?- Apr3pr3nsa. Never tasted it though but it looks weird .
3. Who is your childhood celebrity crush? – Samini
4. No hands , no legs or no eyes . If u had to choose just one disability for a year …. – I’d pick no legs. Cos I can use a wheel chair but I’d love to see and feel things .
5. Favorite perfume brand – Bvlgari
6. What did u study in school and what did u want to be growing up ?- I studied purchasing and supply in school and I’ve always wanted to be an air hostess because I love being a free bird.
7. At what age did u break your virginity ?- lol I’m still a virgin
8. If you weren’t a signer what would u be ?- An air hostess or a business woman
9. Are u marriage material ? And why do U think so? – Yes I am . Because apart from the basic examples people give to why are marriage materials, I think the right person will never have to question if he made the right decision or not.
10. What’s your turn on in a man ? – Hard work and determination. Someone who is matured and knows what he wants .