The situation was however different on Sunday, April 20, 2020, after he delivered his seventh address.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo announced that the partial lockdown imposed on the Greater Accra, Greater Kumasi, Kasoa and Tema was effective today, Monday lifted.
The singular decision has seen many Ghanaians express shock as to why the President will do that even though there is an upsurge in the number of Coronavirus cases in the country, while others think otherwise.
Well, if you have been wondering why the president annouced the partial lockdown, check out the seven reasons he stated in his address last night.
1. Ability to undertake aggressive contact tracing of infected persons
2. Enhancement of our capacity to test
3. Expansion in the numbers of our treatment and isolation centres
4. Our better understanding of the dynamism of the virus
5. Ramping up of our domestic capacity to produce our own personal protective equipment sanitisers and medicines
6. Modest successes chalked at containing the spread of the virus in Accra and Kumasi
7. The severe impact on the poor and vulnerable